PDA

View Full Version : quarters

bugsoup
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
ok question i have is do you handicap the quarterhorse race as you do a throughbred race? also if any what differences do i look for in the form. going to my first quarterhorse meet tomorrow at louisiana downs, any help will be appreciated.

Left Bank
02-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Use final times.Recency counts big also.Good breeding is also a big plus.

randallscott35
02-23-2007, 03:40 PM
ok question i have is do you handicap the quarterhorse race as you do a throughbred race? also if any what differences do i look for in the form. going to my first quarterhorse meet tomorrow at louisiana downs, any help will be appreciated.

I'd have a better chance at harness. Any kind of bobble break in a quarter race and you can't finish 4th in the race. Tough game....Never bet a quarter race in my life.

Scav
02-24-2007, 03:35 PM
I'd have a better chance at harness. Any kind of bobble break in a quarter race and you can't finish 4th in the race. Tough game....Never bet a quarter race in my life.

You should try it, it is a compulsive gambler's dream. Big fan I am, 300 yards instead of 8 furlongs.

If anything, you can rip tickets up faster

randallscott35
02-24-2007, 03:36 PM
You should try it, it is a compulsive gambler's dream. Big fan I am, 300 yards instead of 8 furlongs.

If anything, you can rip tickets up faster
I keep all my tickets. Never rip them up!